To use a digital multimeter, follow these steps:
- Choose the correct measurement function on the multimeter (e.g. voltage, current, resistance, etc.).
- Connect the probes to the appropriate terminals on the device being measured.
- Turn on the multimeter and select the appropriate range for the measurement you want to take.
- Touch the probes to the points being measured and observe the display.
- Turn off the multimeter when you’re finished taking measurements.
Note: When measuring current, make sure to remove the power to the circuit before inserting the multimeter in the circuit to avoid damaging the multimeter. When measuring voltage, ensure the probes are connected to the correct terminals and do not touch the metal parts of the probes to avoid electrical shock.